ST. PAUL, Minnesota– The Minnesota State Fair has unveiled its roster of new food, drink, and vendors for the 2022 event, and as usual, there are some delicious — and scratchy — items.
Of course, all the fried skewer favorites are back, show-goers will also notice a culturally diverse food selection and more vegan-friendly options.
New to the show this year, Herbivorous Butcher offers tasty vegan options with a horror movie theme. The “Poultrygeist” features fried chicken with sausage gravy and fried onions on Texas toast. The steak-xorcist is similar but features fried chicken steak instead of fried chicken.
The Arepa Bar at Midtown Market will also make its show debut this year.
Visitors can find arepas served three ways – pulled pork, pulled chicken, and a vegan option. To wash it all down, people can sip on a delicious summer drink made from cane sugar with freshly squeezed lime juice.
Both said they were grateful to be part of the show and to introduce show-goers to new flavors they might not have tried before.
“Being born and raised in Venezuela is one of the most important things I can do to really show what Venezuelan culture is,” said Soleil Ramierez, Executive Chef at Arepa Bar.
“While it’s one of my favorite things to do each year, there aren’t many vegan options, so we’re thrilled to be a part of this story that introduces vegan options,” said Aubry Walch, co-owner of the herbivorous butcher.
The Herbivorous Butcher is at the show every day, but the Arepa Bar is only on the last six days of the show.
For the full list of new foods, see click herebut here are a few of the other highlights:
- Snack House Fried Ice Cream: “Artisan ice cream bar, topped with a crunchy cornflake coating, deep fried, drizzled with raspberry and blueberry sauce, and topped with sprinkles.”
- Rick’s Pizza Pickle Pizza: “Hand-tossed homemade pizza dough, topped with homemade specialty dill ranch sauce, fresh mozzarella and crunchy dill pickles, and topped with dill weed spices.”
- Soulsicle from Soul Bowl: “Roasted chicken on a skewer with candied yam sauce, cornbread crumble, mac-and-cheese-spiced cheddar, hot sauce, and spring onions.”
- Sweet Potato Poutine by The Blue Barn: “Sweet potato fries with cheese curd, Beyond chorizo sausage, turmeric sauce, pico de gallo and fresh cilantro.”
- Tot Dog by LuLu’s Public House: “All-beef hot dog dipped in corn dog batter, rolled in a mixture of shredded tater tots, cheddar cheese, and onions, then deep fried.”
There are a total of 38 new foods for 2022. The Great Minnesota Get-Together is adding eight new vendors this year: The Herbivorous Butcher, Midtown Global Markets Arepa Bar, Bridge n’ Barrel Root Beer, Nautical Bowls, Rick’s Pizza, Soul Bowl, Union Hmong cuisine and waffle chix.
The 2022 fair is scheduled for August 25 to September. 5.