“The ALIVE podcast network is the latest startup selected for Techstars. This is an endorsement that humiliates and honors us,” said Livas, who will use this award to reiterate her product, business model, growth milestones, and master her brand and vision. “Now I have the opportunity to attend workshops, connect with over 100 mentors and build deep relationships locally and across Techstars’ global network.”
The worldwide network of Techstars helps entrepreneurs to succeed. Livas joins a class of Techstars portfolio companies that represent a conscious investment in the rich talent, culture and diversity of Washington, DC’s thriving technology ecosystem
Of the 12 companies selected, 75% are led by CEOs of color, more than half are led by female founders and a third were founded by HBCU graduates. As a Howard University graduate, Livas fits into all of those buckets.
The podcast network is a collective umbrella for black content creators to spark innovation, spread inspiration and share information. Personally, Livas offers producers and presenters unprecedented benefits including; Content quality, membership, consulting and production. The ALIVE Podcast Network educates its hosts, entertains its listeners, and creates a unique user experience through its e-commerce marketplace.
In addition to being named a Techstar portfolio company, Livas is a 2022 Communicator Award (AIVA) recipient, a 2022 NAACP Image Award nominee, and a Gracie Award-winning executive producer. Featuring a strategic mix of new and original programs, ALIVE’s podcast listing will be featured on all major podcast directories, including Apple, iHeartRadio, Spotify and Google. The network now has nearly 20 new podcasts, including:
– “The Devil is a Lie” is the flagship program where men and women share their truth about overcoming some of their greatest inner and outer struggles. Topics range from imposter syndrome to negative self-image. Angel Livas is the creator, producer and host of the show.
– “Under Construction with Tamar Braxton” is an NAACP Image Awards Podcast. Each week, Tamar Braxton offers a glimpse into her life by sharing her experiences as she navigates relationships, motherhood and her career. It’s raw, personal and uncompromising.
– How I discovered my gift – On this show you will find inspiration from our amazing guests who have discovered their gifts and talents. They will show you exactly how they did it.
– GENE-US Health Minute – A weekly recording of health and genomics news designed to empower listeners without all the scientific jargon and jargon.
– The Six Figure Side Hustle is your all-access pass into the minds of high earners, seasoned side hustlers, and entrepreneurs who have successfully launched, scaled, or diversified their businesses.
– “Swirl Suite” is a podcast for wine lovers. Somali wine experts Tanisha, Leslie, Sarita and Glynis share their journey through the wine industry. Special guests are winegrowers and restaurateurs.
– “Transformational Thinking With The Hawk” is moderated by the pastor who offers call-in therapy. For more than two decades, Hawk has counseled men, women, and children through his Christian ministry. This podcast is your one-stop shop to actively participate in observing a transformational change in how guests think about life, homes and purpose.
– “Positive Deposits” is designed for cancer survivors, recently diagnosed patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals. Host Presley Nelson is a two-time cancer survivor — so he shares candid and courageous conversations not just from the listener’s perspective, but as a survivor.
– “Where’s the Funding” will be hosted by financial expert Michelle McKenzie. Black and other underserved entrepreneurs share their startup journeys, fundraising experiences, and capital-related successes to educate, motivate, and inspire other entrepreneurs on a similar journey. McKenzie also interviews investors and others on the funding side to share valuable investing and fundraising knowledge.
ALIVE has partnered with AudioVybz to provide audio tracks and Ximer.co for studio recording. Listeners can become members and get unlimited access to all shows for a $4.99 monthly subscription starting this winter. However, you can sign up to receive ALIVE alerts on their website: https://tinyurl.com/AliveAlert.