SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The senior project manager reports to the managing partner and works on the most complex projects of the largest magnitude. Responsible for coordinating all administrative and technical project efforts to ensure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects. Creates strategic plans for project success. Serves as the primary liaison with clients to complete projects on time, on budget and with maximum client satisfaction. Actively manages client budgets, schedules and programs; project communication and documentation; Project team assignments and related office administration tasks. Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares bids and contracts for the most complex projects. Provides supervision and oversight of the work of less experienced project managers and team members. Can act as a team leader in the absence of a project manager. Requires working CAD/BIM (ArchiCAD).
- The position is full-time from Monday to Friday with a total of 40 hours per week. Candidates are required to work in the office during core business hours, with flexible schedule options. Occasionally, additional time may be required to meet deadlines.
- Become an exempt employee under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
We believe that cultural fit is the highest priority. So we’ve outlined some values that define our studio culture.
Emotive Architecture’s core mission is TO INCREASE THROUGH EXPERIENCE. In everything we do, we try to inspire our customers, our people and our people through both the process and the end result.
Emotive shares the following core values:
- Believe in the possible: We solve problems creatively to inspire
- Result-oriented – We get it done
- Commitment – We work together
- Growth/Learning – We encourage ongoing transformation
- Design Integrity – We pay attention to detail and apply sound design principles
- communication and listening
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- B. Arch and/or M. Arch degrees
- Work portfolio that reflects the ability to create sophisticated and detailed construction documents
- At least 10 years of progressive work experience working on large commercial and/or large residential buildings (multifamily buildings).
- A license is beneficial but not required.
- Manages about 4 projects per year
- Reviewing and critiquing the work of 2 project managers and project teams of 2-4
- Ensures quality control and evaluation and best practices.
- Oversees the design process from conception to construction management to ensure consistency of design ideas; including the creation of technical drawings by employed architects/interns
- Provides technical guidance and innovative solutions to solve design and complex challenges.
- Conducts and documents site visits, handles submissions, replacement requests and RFIs during construction
- Researches new items/materials/concepts/software to implement in projects
- Performs tasks independently and finds solutions
- Writes project manuals and specifications/if required
- Checks the accuracy of calculations, estimates, plans and finished reports.
- Engages with municipal building departments and government officials for permits.
- Prepares and distributes minutes of advisor coordination meetings.
- Attends business development meetings to address specific markets, customers or project opportunities.
- Creates strategic plans for project success.
- Coordinates all administrative and technical project efforts to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Draft offers and contracts.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work
- Delivers at least 4 medium sized (30,000 to 50,000 sf) project CD packages per year.
- Increases the effectiveness of project architects in the office
- Increases company awareness through consistent quality projects and social contacts.
- Supports business development
- Contributes to our culture of clear, concise and open communication, including weekly customer touchpoints
- Takes responsibility for customer satisfaction/relationship building
- Creativity, innovation, passion
- Strong technical acumen
- Excellent investigative, analytical and decision-making skills
- conflict resolution
- Task planning and execution
- Fast, accurate decision making
- The ability to meet deadlines and interact effectively with others in the workplace is an essential function of the job
- Critical thinking to evaluate, select and apply design skills and techniques to project-related tasks
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, graphic and presentation skills)
- Excellent work ethic
- 3-dimensional problem solving
- Strong understanding of how all building components work together.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of tools such as Bluebeam, Photoshop and the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel)
- Expertise in interpreting and applying understanding of building and zoning codes, primarily in single and multi-family residences and mixed-use (particularly for the district but comfort in multiple jurisdictions)
- Good knowledge of CAD or BIM software. ArchiCAD is a plus and offers training if needed.
- Professional development
- promotion potential
- Professional membership fees up to $1000/year
- 10 days paid vacation
- 5 wellness days
- 5 holidays
- Visit project pages
- Measured surveys of vacant and occupied buildings
- climb stairs
- Reliable private vehicle and valid US driver’s license
- Regional trips (Maryland and Virginia) /monthly
Disclaimer – The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to perform the position. Management, in its sole discretion, may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit applications including a cover letter and a detailed CV and portfolio to:
Administrative Support Manager
Back to job list…